Friday, April 20, 2012

NASCAR Driver Loses Sponsor Over Christian Faith

04/19/2012 United States (Charisma) - Although many applaud the prayer meetings in NASCAR circles, not everyone is willing to tolerate Christian values on the race track. Indeed, NASCAR driver Blake Koch is being persecuted for his faith. Following California’s Royal Purple 300, Koch sat just 28 points out of the top 10 driver standings—but he was forced to race with a blank car after losing his primary sponsor because of a controversy over his Christianity.

Koch had partnered with The Rise Up and Register Campaign, which works to educate people on the importance of voting in the 2012 elections. But ESPN would not allow the ad to air because of its so-called political and religious overtones.

“I didn’t think that my faith in Christ would have an impact on whether or not a sponsor could air a commercial or not,” Koch told Fox & Friends on March 29. “The one thing I will not do is deny my faith just because a particular sponsor might not like the way I express my faith, which I do on my own time.”

ESPN could not immediately be reached for comment(Source).

No comments:

Post a Comment